11.8.09

Sunken treasure?

I got called up to Pergimtor's room at the top of the tower today. I counted this time, there are 156 stairs. Good thing I've been walking a lot, but my legs were still burning a bit when I got to the top.

Apparently a boat was sunk today, and the owner swears it must have been a wizard that did it. Well, that's just the sort of thing that I'm supposed to look into - the fancy charter on the wall says I'm supposed to "promote the benevolent and fruitful discourse between Wizards and Countrymen of Etrobia".

So, sunken treasure(!) - Well, sort of; the treasure is the chance to actually do some work. I thought I'd enjoy doing nothing more than I do, so something useful to do will be nice. It's across the river (over near the Emperor's palace, where the rich folks live), I get to start investigating tomorrow morning.

No comments: