6.6.09

More Paperwork

Spent the whole day doing paperwork. Someone spent a lot of time and thought preparing these forms, it's a shame I have to mock them. It is really good, in-depth questions about a Wizard Constable who is a wizard. Ummmm.... not me, sorry.

(I heard the guy who had the job before me spent most of his time keeping the wizard apprentices in line. I'll go back to being a city constable before I become a dorm proctor to teenage wizards {shudder} .)

Anyway, the paperwork assumes you are a wizard (rank, spells known, any specialties). Nope. Then another form asks the same question again (favorite spells, power ranking, grades in your wizards class). Sorry, no. I twice missed a place that I was supposed to fill in, and had to borrow a pen and write 'Not Applicable' (again).

Then came the sort-of-fun part. The clerk took the form that will let me get paid to a guy at a desk in the back, and he put it next to some blank sheets of paper, and next I started sneezing - he was a wizard of course, nice of you to warn me :-(. When I recovered there were four copies of the form I wrote, even my handwriting (but not the dents in the paper from the pen; I looked.). So yea, I'll get paid!

Ok, working with wizards is kind of strange - haven't really done any work yet though. I'll find a way to patrol tomorrow, or at least get some exercise .

No comments: